EA Sports Active

Friday, December 18, 2009

EA Sports Active

EA Sports Active <-Buy it Now !



By Kurt A. Boyer (Denver, CO USA) - reviews


I had my EA Active delivered today and I was itching to try it out because I quickly became bored with the Wii Fit games that focused mainly on balance and weight.

It was very easy to get set up. I configured my workout person to look a little bit like me although I hope I am a bit cuter. I kind of wish that they had child avatars for my kids who will play this soon, but that isn't my biggest need.

I chose to work out on a medium skill level for the 30 day challenge. I'm not ultra fit by any means, but I'd like to think that I could run a mile or two if someone was chasing me. At the beginning of my workout, I started to think that I wasn't being pushed enough, but by the end, I was sweating like a big dog -- which was great. I believe my perception was caused by learning each movement before I started which gave me rest time. At the middle of my workout, some of the prior activities came up again and I was able to go right from exercise to exercise and that's what I like. This is so much better than the Wii Fit.

I did the running, punching, inline skating (super fun and a killer), side lunges, squats and front shoulder raises for my first workout. Every exercise was entertaining. It did take me a little bit to get used to how you hold the remote, but now I'm a pro. I did do the "couch test" where I placed the remote on the couch to see if the avatar would do the exercise anyway -- which it didn't -- unlike some other fitness titles. It really does mimic your movements, which I like.
Time for a shower and I can't wait for day two of my challenge. I can assure you that you'll like this game if you put the work into it. The couch won't do it for you. :)

0 comments

Post a Comment