Official Wii Component Video Cable

Monday, December 21, 2009

Official Wii Component Video Cable

Official Wii Component Video Cable

By Tony M. Phan (Iowa, USA) - reviews



Not too much to say about these cables, they work as they should and really do let the Wii output a clean crisp image compared to the horrible composite cables in the box. If you have an HDTV, you'll get better color saturation and cleaner edges with less mosquito noise.


The cable is about 8 feet in length, so you can put plenty of distance between your TV and Wii if desired. Mine is right next to the TV, so I used cable ties to gather up the excess cord. Strangely, this degraded the image quality, almost as if there was interference or the signal was being choked off. After letting the cable free and re-bundling it loosely the issue went away, so I'm leaving it as-is. The plugs are also quite snug on TV input jacks, I have a Sony Bravia LCD TV and when I plugged in the cable I had to apply a large amount of pressure that actually pushed the jack about 1/4" into the TV before the plugs were fully seated. The jacks popped back to their original position after I released the cable, but no other cables I have required as much insertion force.

 
Though the Wii's resolution tops out at 480p, everyone can enjoy better graphics with these. Not a night-and-day difference, but definitely noticeable. It's a must-buy if your TV has the necessary inputs. Being an official Nintendo product also gives me a little peace of mind after having several third-party accessories for different consoles die on me.

0 comments

Post a Comment